Pages

Saturday 10 March 2012

The Craft Fair!


I apologise for such a late update, I have recently got a new job and started almost immediately after the show and this is my first chance to blog all week!
The craft fair was such a brilliant experience!
My Nan and me arrived early with plenty of time to set up our table, it was a bit of a mad panic but luckily we worked well together and I think it looked great!
It was a relatively small event but there were plenty of amazing looking tables selling a wide variety of things including beautiful hand-knitted items, carved wooden sculptures, masses of stunning jewellery, paintings, baked goods and other such lovely things! To my right were two jewellery makers with a stunning array of items and to the left a painter who had a serious eye for detail!
Unfortunately I didn't sell a single teddy bear! Not even a single Sleepy Bunny went to a new home, even £10 is considered very expensive in the current climate and I will have to bear this in mind next time!
Our best seller was the home-made fudge my Nan made, chocolate and marshmallow.. our free samples kept a steady stream of customers to our table and it was definitely a success despite competition from a fellow shower! I will update soon with the recipe!
My pom-pom chicks and my Nan's knitted creme egg chicks were also very popular, apparently some of them are going across Europe on holiday to their knew owners! Not to mention Nan's extremely popular hand-knitted glamorous scarves which all disappeared quickly!
We sold a few key rings, some colouring books but not a single hat! I think we just missed the hat selling season! I'm not too disappointed with that as they're totally gorgeous and my ever growing hat collection certainly has space for them!
Overall it was a great experience and I want to say a MASSIVE THANK YOU to my wonderful Nan for booking me a table for this event and putting in so much hard work to help me, you are the best Nan ever!
Hopefully we will do some more small events in the year, at the moment I have found some full time work but will do my best to keep making more teddies on my days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment