Pages

Tuesday 13 March 2012

In Progress!



Well I keep saying I will upload photos of current 'works in progress', so here goes!
This is the current plush I am working on, it's a Boxer puppy!
Here you can see my current progress, all the various parts pinned together. 


One of the legs is entirely stitched, when all four have had their paw pads stitched I will turn them out and trim them down to more accurately represent a Boxer dog's coat. 


The material I'm using has a thick, luxurious plush and the backing is a sort of soft leather material which is gorgeous and instead of hiding all that lovely backing within the plush I have reversed it for the inner ear and paw pads because it's so soft and is entirely right for paws! Usually I would use a suede fabric but it tends to pucker when you sculpt the paws, this soft leather is much more suited for my technique of pulling paws. 


Anyway, I am writing this in haste as I am soon off to work for the first of three night shifts! I doubt I will find much time to sew during the next three days however after my shift I have an entire week and no doubt this little pup will come to life in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment