Pages

Thursday 26 January 2012

Oshka the Donkey


My first ever mohair creation! Her name is Oshka, she is Oshek's sister.
She is daintier than him with more delicate features.
I was a little worried at first using mohair for the first time but it cut & sewed like a dream, tiny stitches are a must and I sealed everything to prevent fraying, all of the techniques I ususally apply to faux furs worked for the mohair and I can't wait to use some more!

Read more for additional details and photos!

Name: Oshka

Size: 8 inches

Joints: 4-way cotter pin jointed

Materials: Golden sparse Mohair & wool

Eyes: Handmade German glass, hand painted with golden sparkle by artist

Stuffing: High quality heavy weight stuffing and poly pellets in stomach

Details: Needle felted pure wool features, realistic bees waxed hooves

Accessories: Handmade cotton dress with hook & eye fastenings, handmade bloomers with heart print and hook & eye fastenings; both removable

No comments:

Post a Comment